Pest Control In Archer City, Texas
Archer City may seem like another small town, but it's so much more! There is a lot to do here, and you can see the town's history in different aspects of daily life.
The residents and businesses of Archer City aren't immune to pest problems, so it's essential to have the right people to assist.
Shoop's Termite & Pest Control has been a dedicated pest control company since 1932, providing the utmost care and Archer County pest control.
Residential Pest Control In Archer City
Your house should be a place where you feel safe, and while we often think of safety and security in terms of protection from other people, we regularly overlook home-infesting pests. Insects and animals create many problems for the people whose homes they infest, including spreading diseases and causing damage.
To keep pests away from you and your family, work with Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control. Our residential pest control services consist of the following:
- A scheduled inspection of the interior and exterior of your property looking for damage, signs of past and active infestations, and conducive conditions.
- Initial treatment to address the significant issues of your home that will include an application of Insect Growth Regulator and other methods like spray, fog, dust, and granular, depending on your specific pest problems.
- After the initial treatment, we will discuss the necessary next steps to ensure you have a pest-free environment.
Many of our customers benefit from monthly or quarterly re-services. Still, we will review the best option depending on your unique situation when calling us at Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control.
Commercial Pest Control In Archer City
When it comes to commercial pest control services, a one-size-fits-all approach is insufficient and doesn't provide needed results. So don't waste your time with pest control companies that don't offer personalized treatment plans to target your business's specific issues and standards.
At Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control, we first talk with you to understand what concerns you have; then, we conduct a complete inspection to pinpoint pest pressures and conducive conditions. We will then design a plan customized to your business based on what we find during our inspection.
While we will personalize our treatments, you can expect the use of the following methods:
- Application of an Insect Growth Regulator
- Use of spray
- Granular treatments
- Fogging and dusting application
- Monitoring devices and glue boards
- Small exclusion work when needed
Many of the businesses we already service choose to continue with monthly follow-up treatments to maintain protection against pests all year long. You can ask our service professionals about ongoing treatment when calling us at Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control.
The Most Common Areas for Summer Termite Activity In Archer City Homes
While termites are a problem year-round, they usually swarm during the springtime. Swarming is when reproductives from one colony leave and look for somewhere else to establish a new colony. Because this usually occurs in spring, you will likely be able to see termite activity during the summer months if you are looking in the right places.
Typical places where homeowners see termite activities are door and window frames, decks, fence posts, crawlspaces, and near the foundation.
In these areas, you might see:
- Termite swarmers, which are winged reproductives
- Piles of wings dropped by swarmers once they land
- Mud tubes, created by subterranean termites to travel between their nest in the ground and a food source
- Rough and messy looking damage
- Piles of frass, which is waste that looks like sawdust or coffee grounds
If you notice any of these signs of termites or are worried about this pest, please do not hesitate to contact Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control.
Dangers Of Summer Spider Infestations In Archer City Homes
Although most spider species you encounter in Archer City are not considered dangerous to people, two species are; the black widow and the brown recluse. These two species are the only medically dangerous spiders found in the United States, and they are both located in our area.
Even though black widow and brown recluse spiders can sometimes wander into homes, they are not species that do well indoors and prefer to be outside. During the summer months, spiders are more active outside because this is when prey pest populations are at their highest.
A black widow or brown recluse bite is rarely fatal because of accessible medical treatment. So if you, someone else, or a pet experience a bite, seek assistance right away. If you are unsure what kind of spider caused the bite, monitor symptoms and see a doctor if any of the following occur:
- Pain and swelling around the bite site
- Severe abdominal cramping
- Fever, chills, or sweating
- Body aches
Some people are allergic to spider venom in general and may also experience symptoms from other species.
Get ahead of spider problems on your property by contacting us at Shoop's Texas Pest & Termite Control.