The Best Rodent Control For North Texas Homes
October 15, 2022 - Rodents
There's no doubt about it; rodents are one of the most reviled pests here in North Texas. Not only do they spread disease and damage property, but they can also be quite difficult to get rid of. If you're dealing with a rodent infestation in your home, it's important to take action quickly. The North Texas pest control pros are here to help. Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control will discuss the most effective methods for rodent control, as well as how to identify common rodents here. We'll also provide some helpful tips on how to keep these pests from invading your home in the first place.
How To Identify Common Types Of Rodents In North Texas
The types of rodents most likely to cause a problem in your North Texas home include the house mouse, deer mouse, Norway rat, and roof rat:
- The house mouse is the most common type of mouse found in North Texas homes. They are small rodents that are usually brown or grey, with light bellies.
- Deer mice are slightly larger than house mice. They are usually brown or grey in color.
- Norway rats are the largest type of rat found in North Texas homes, and they're also the most common. They're about 16 inches long from tail to nose tip and have brown or gray fur.
- Roof rats are smaller than Norway rats, with a body that is about 12 inches long from tail to tip. Roof rats are usually black or brown.
If you see any kind of rodents in your home, contact a North Texas pest control professional right away. Rodents reproduce quickly, so it's crucial to take action before an infestation gets out of control.
Rodents Can Spread Disease And Damage Property
Rodents are generally known to cause two major issues on properties: they spread disease and damage property. Rodents can carry a number of diseases that are dangerous to humans, including hantavirus, salmonellosis, and leptospirosis, which they spread through their urine and droppings. In addition, rodents can cause a great deal of damage to your home by chewing on wires, insulation, and wood. If you suspect that you have an infestation, contact a pest control professional to get rid of the rodents right away.
How And Why Rodents Find Their Way Into Our Homes
There are a few different ways that rodents can find their way into our homes:
- Rodents can squeeze through very small openings, such as cracks in the foundation or gaps around doors and windows.
- They can also gnaw their way through holes that are about the size of a quarter, which means that they can easily enter homes through holes in walls, floors, or ceilings.
- Another way that rodents can get into our homes is by hitching a ride on stored boxes, furniture, or other items that are brought inside.
Rodents are almost always looking for food and shelter when they enter your home, so you should take steps to eliminate both of these attractants. Store food in airtight containers and keep your home clean and clutter-free to make it less inviting for rodents.
The Most Effective Rodent Control For Your Home
If you're seeing signs of a rodent infestation in your home, contact a pest control professional right away. DIY methods like traps and poison are often ineffective, and they can also be dangerous. The best way to eliminate all rodents is to contact an expert who can identify them and implement the most effective treatment method.
Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control has been providing North Texas homeowners with effective, safe, and affordable pest control for nearly 90 years. We're experienced in dealing with all kinds of rodents that plague homes here, and we'll work quickly to get rid of them for good. Contact us today to learn more.