Are You Struggling To Keep Weeds In North Texas Under Control?
September 15, 2022 - weed control
If you're like most homeowners in North Texas, then you are probably struggling to keep the weeds under control. The combination of hot weather and a long growing season makes it difficult to keep your lawn looking nice and weed-free. Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control will discuss why weeds become a problem in your lawn, the most common weeds in North Texas and how to treat them, weed control tips, and how professional weed control in North Texas can help.
Why Are There So Many Weeds In My Lawn?
There are a few reasons why weeds become a problem in your lawn. The first reason is that the hot, humid weather we have here in North Texas provides the perfect environment for weed seeds to germinate and grow. Another reason is that our long growing season means that there are more opportunities for weeds to take over your lawn. Additionally, many of the common weeds here are resistant to herbicides, so it can be difficult to control them with over-the-counter products. If you're having trouble keeping the weeds under control, consider hiring a local lawn service in North Texas such as Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control for professional weed treatment services for your lawn.
The Most Common Weeds In North Texas And How To Treat Them
There are a few different types of weeds that are commonly a problem for homeowners in North Texas, and they all require individual treatment:
- Grassy weeds: These weeds have long, slender leaves and a grass-like appearance. The most common types of grassy weeds are crabgrass, goosegrass, and foxtail. To control these weeds, you will need to use a pre-emergent herbicide in the spring.
- Broadleaf weeds: These weeds have wide, flat leaves and include dandelions, plantain, and clover. You will need to use a post-emergent herbicide to control these weeds.
- Sedges: These weeds have triangular-shaped leaves and include nutsedge and yellow nutsedge. Herbicides that contain the active ingredient glyphosate are the best solutions for these weeds.
- Perennial weeds: These weeds come back year after year and include thistles, dandelions, and plantain. To control these weeds, you will need to dig them up by the roots or use a herbicide specifically developed for perennial weeds.
As you can see, each type of weed requires a different treatment, so it's important to identify the weeds in your lawn and treat them accordingly. To take the hassle out of weed control, call Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control for professional lawn and weed service. We will identify the weeds in your lawn and develop a customized treatment plan to get rid of them.
Simple Tips For Weed Control
When it comes to weeds, the best offense is a good defense. Here are a few tips you can follow to help keep the weeds under control:
- Mow regularly: Mowing your lawn on a regular basis will help to prevent weeds from taking over. Be sure to set your mower blade to the highest setting so you don't damage the grass.
- Fertilize: Fertilizing your lawn will help to create a thick, healthy turf that will crowd out weeds. Be sure to use a fertilizer that is appropriate for the type of grass you have.
- Water properly: Watering your lawn deeply and less frequently will encourage deep root growth, which will help to crowd out weeds.
- Remove weeds by hand: If you have a small area that is infested with weeds, you can remove them by hand. Be sure to pull the weed up by the root so it doesn't grow back.
These tips will help you to control the weeds in your lawn, but if you're still struggling, then give us a call at Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control. Our weed treatment service for lawns can help you to get rid of the weeds for good.
Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control Can Help With Weed Control
If you're struggling to control the weeds in your lawn, Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control can help. Our lawn care services for weeds are designed to help to keep your lawn looking its best. We know how to identify and treat the most common weeds in North Texas, so you can be sure your lawn will be weed-free in no time. Our team of experienced professionals will work with you to develop a customized plan for lawn service to kill the weeds in your yard so you can go back to enjoying it. Contact us today to learn more.