The Best Way To Protect Your Trees & Shrubs In North Texas
July 15, 2021 - Trees
If you do any kind of gardening around North Texas, you know that keeping your trees, bushes, and shrubs healthy all year round is a difficult process. North Texas is subject to extreme weather conditions, including high temperatures, long-term humidity, and frequent droughts. Unusual weather patterns such as hurricanes and tornados add an additional layer of concern, further stressing plants with wind and rain.
Finally, the presence of garden pests such as stink bugs, grasshoppers, and aphids can spread diseases and damage the integrity of your plants. Trees and shrubs are timeless elements of your lawn and garden that should be protected at all costs. If you aren’t attentive, you may discover that your outdoor space is not quite as healthy as it seems to be.
How Trees & Shrubs In North Texas Get Damaged
There are a number of common ailments that afflict North Texas shrubbery. Depending on the year or season, the environment could be better or worse for the health of your plants.
Below are a few common factors that damage the health of trees and shrubs around your property:
- Pests are some of the most frequent factors of tree and shrub health. Invasive insects have the capacity to eat more than their own bodyweight in materials, which quickly eliminates the integrity and longevity of your plants.
- Insects, garden tools, soils, and even other plants have the capacity to transmit serious disease from vector to vector. Trees and shrubs are both affected by certain types of bacteria, viruses, and parasites, including nematodes. If these are not immediately addressed, they could become widespread issues that destroy entire sections of your lawn and garden.
- Drought and extreme downpours may significantly affect your plants and their soil. Too little rain will sap vital nutrients, while too much will cause erosion and runoff. Regularly edifying and fertilizing the soil may help to reduce annual plant strain.
When it comes to protecting your trees and shrubs from ailments and attacks, do your best to follow all basic maintenance practices. Be sure to water woody plants long and deep, and sanitize all tools to prevent from transmitting disease.
Ultimately, the best way to protect the health of trees and shrubs is through fertilization and care from a professional provider. This includes the award-winning team at Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control.
Tree & Shrub Fertilization & Care Programs That Work
Since 1932, the team behind Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control has been at the forefront of Texoma lawn care solutions. We have cultivated a tree and shrub fertilization care program that addresses some of the area’s most common threats, including but not limited to:
- Pre-emergence sprays and controls for all lawn formats
- Unique blends of fertilizers designed to work in tandem with woody plants and trees
- Emergency services are available for immediate needs
- Applications that prepare for dormancy and shrub hibernation
- Pesticides applied to specific areas as necessary
The benefits of tree and shrub fertilization are extensive for this time of year. As summer begins cooling into the fall, it will be important to take advantage of fertilization and maintenance needs for the new year.
Protect your trees and shrubs by investing in annual care and prevention. Contact Shoop's Texas Termite & Pest Control today to get started on a plan that’s right for you. Need help fast? Complete our online contact form to get connected with a pro right away. We’re looking forward to keeping your trees and shrubs as healthy as possible! We also offer both home pest control and commercial pest management services.